Sunday, June 3, 2018

A.V.B Norman's "The Rapier and Small-Sword" reprints available!

This is a seriously exciting thing. No, like, more exciting than that.

A.V.B. Norman's absolutely amazing catalog and classification of rapier hilts has been out of print for years; probably decades. It's a fantastic work to have for serious researchers of the rapier, and an absolute pain to get your hands on - a quick google search as I type this post up shows used copies going for about $300 and up, converted from British pounds.

Now though, we have an authorized reprint. This is a facsimile of the 1980 edition, and is going for £32.50, or about $43, converted as I'm writing this.

I have no idea how long this reprint will be available for, so jumping on this is probably a good call. I can say that while I don't bust out my copy of Norman often, when I do, it is utterly irreplaceable as a resource for what it covers.


No comments:

Post a Comment