Friday, July 14, 2017

Still here!

Well, it's been another long break between updates. So what's been going on?

Not terribly much that's new, really. I'm still working on piecing together a research paper on Fabris; that's fleshing itself out slowly - mostly, I just need a couple good stretches of uninterrupted time in front of the computer with some manuals to pull references from to get cranking on it. I'm hoping to get it done in time for St. Elegius this year, and then probably enter it into K&Q Arts and Science champs in the winter. So that'll be cool if it comes together.

I'm definitely teaching an intro to Fabris at Pennsic, which is pretty terrifying. I don't think it'll have a handout, but I could change my mind on that.

Practice has had ups and downs; I've been feeling more immobile lately, heavy on my feet without much body motion. Also, getting into Just Fighting for Pennsic is running up against Working Specific Things in my head. Fortunately, I can practice the former on my own and fling myself into fights for the latter and it'll get shaken out readily enough.

I'm really looking forward to Pennsic, though. There should be a giant pile of good historic swordplay there for me to throw myself into, and I'm hoping to learn quite a bit.

Finally, it looks like Alfieri's La Scherma will be seeing a translation by Piermarco Terminiello in the near future, and I'm really excited to be able to get my hands on that!

That's it for now; hopefully I'll be able to get in a pre-Pennsic update with some real progress on my paper.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your paper.
    When is your class scheduled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday morning at 10.

      (Agh. I need to prep more. I don't want to just ramble for an hour like an idiot.)

      Delete